Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Mama, We All Go to Hell


This is why "Studio 60" doesn't work. And as much as I heart The Kids in the Hall, I don't know if Mark's enough to save it.

Did the math and I figure -- on the first payment alone -- I should be able to get by for roughly 6 months before it's tapped. But that's assuming I don't start blowing it on frivolous things like "plastic surgery" and "debt payments". But further payments should start kicking in around the 3 month mark, so I ought to be okay. My biggest fear is having to crawl back to my old day job. What a mortifying thought. High-five!

I've been emersing myself in horror. Countless movies. This fascinating book. Anything to analyze what works and what doesn't work. Most specifically, what scares me personally...

That's one of the reasons I've been wanting to visit my friend Nick's family house up in the Adirondacks. I can't quite put my finger on it, but that house seriously spooks me. Particularly in the night, but sometimes even in the day. It's too quiet. At night, it gets too dark. The structure of the house gives me the creeps. The way it winds. The way you can't see who's going to be sitting there when you walk up the stairs. The way the house is emersed in nature, with little to buffer that. When I'm there, alone in a room, I feel like I'm being watched. By an evil spirit. Or maybe Nick's dad.

WHO WANTS ICE CREAM!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home