Thursday, October 19, 2006

War Chronicles


Started going through some old files, flipping through some old half-baked, partially-hydrogenated ideas that I failed to develop or finish. Some deserved to be aborted. Though it would've been nice if I'd managed to finish some of them, just to see where they would have concluded. One was a story called "The War Chronicles", about kids going through film school. Of course, I can't think of more unsympathetic, uninteresting characters than film students. I was one of them and I can't give two stinkin shits about em.

That said, I'm about 3 weeks into my mysterious day job sabbatical, and I apologize to the handful of people who read this stupid blog semi-regularly. I'm certain it's gotten revolting. You must think I just watch television all day. In reality, that's only about 3/4 of my day. I also look at the Internet and sometimes read magazines.

The other day, I walked 160+ blocks just to save two swipes off my Metrocard. I had a meeting with some people in the Union Square area and I've stopped buying the "monthly unlimited" Metrocard, and I just figured what the fuck.

Things continue to happen with remarkable lethargy. But happening they are. I've got to wake up tomorrow morning (gasp!) to have an important meeting in Soho. I'm fairly nervous about it, but I'm sure I'll be triply so when I'm actually there.

In any case, my career's a work-in-progress, my life's a work-in-progress, my work's a work-in-progress. These first 3 weeks, I feel like I've been stumbling around a bit, but I'm getting the act together. Lethargically, but surely...!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home