Saturday, October 14, 2006

Concorde


Entry #747:

I remember being particularly fascinated by Concorde as a little child. Regular airplanes seemed exotic enough. But Concorde was like a super-airplane. Cruise speed of Mach 2.02?! The flying wonder went so fast, it made the world a smaller place.

Over the years, my fascination with it quickly dissipated to the point where I never even really thought about it. And I'm sure I heard that it ended its service in 2003 due to economic hard times, but it didn't register.

But a few weeks ago, I caught a part of a documentary about Concorde's last flight, and it reminded me of my fascination with it, and I felt a touch of sadness that I never got to experience a supersonic flight.

Concorde service began in January 1976, the month I was born. It was a mode of transport for business people and the fairly rich, so perhaps it was doomed. High living never lasts forever.

This is the first entry I'm writing on my new laptop. A bit heavier than I wanted, perhaps, but I'm a sucker for strong specs. (Overcompensating.) Anyway, new toys to keep the creativity flowing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home