Friday, October 06, 2006

Girl Talk


Looks like "views" for my Terry Gilliam video on YOU TUBE have outpaced the views for my last upload. It's gotten more views in a day than the previous one got in a month. Celebrity helps: kids love looking at Terry Gilliam! (I didn't actually shoot any of the footage for the previous upload and it did look pretty shitty, so I'm sure that didn't help the cause.)

Props to The Former Coworker Formerly Known As NewOp for introducing me to the illegal artistry of GIRL TALK. You don't give a fuck, I don't give a fuck! Oh-oh-oh, it's MAGIC! You knooow! Never believe it's not so!!! I love illegal art.

First week off the day job has been... fairly non-productive. My most exciting creative accomplishment was creating and uploading that video to YOU TUBE. It's kind of neat to have some of my work seen instantly, even if it's just me fucking around.

I have watched entirely too much television this week. I could write a whole entry on what's wrong with LOST, but I'm boring you folks as it is.

I feel like I nearly disappeared off the face of the earth this week.

Looks like the Paramount deal could get finally finalized sometime next week, for those of you who could give two shits. For any lurkers who might think I "cut the line" to get where I've gotten, I want to point out that I didn't get any help from anyone. I didn't know anybody at the Summer Play Festival and they certainly didn't know me. And honestly, SPF didn't do much to facilitate the Paramount thing. None of it was about "a friend helping a friend". (Malice has friends?) I've still got everything to prove or lose, but I'm feeling more confident about the future of my career. I know that I'll get to do everything I've wanted to do since I was a kid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home