Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Obsession (for Malice)


Who would have expected that my uncontested favorite new show of the season would be on a channel that I don't subscribe to? Thanks be to the peer-to-peers.

I heart "Dexter".

Stars a Six Feet Under alumnus. Features two Oz alumni. [Ed. THREE Oz alums!] It's got The Warriors's James Remar in flashbacks.

And...


Jennifer Carpenter. You may remember her from "The Exorcism of Emily Rose". (Or not.) Daughter of John Carpenter. And yes, someone I cannot take my eyes off of.

There aren't many actresses/celebrities I feel stalkerish about. No one completely obvious. Angelina Jolie is pretty, but I find something about her annoying. Pamela Anderson is super-hot, but she's just a barbie doll. Wy/Pxyv]-jvimlbDz$C)vCzBmvb/vaCz;v#)vi/iBvz$b/vmzbymlv/nvbym#8

On the other hand:
Lena Olin (from ALIAS). Zooey Deschanel. Christina Aguilera. And Jennifer Carpenter now falls into this dubious category. Something in the eyes and the voice. It's beyond "pretty face". It's a true, uncompromising love, ladies and germs. I would like to know who John Carpenter hooked up with to produce offspring that looks like her. (Coz I'm gonna need to find someone with strong enough DNA to cancel out most of MY fucking genetics -- THANKS A MILLION, MOM + DAD!)

But we were talking about DEXTER. Serial Killer as Vigilante Hero. A good dose of Taxi Driver, but with back story. (Like getting glimpses into Travis Bickle's childhood.) It is a bold, fascinating feat. To engender audience sympathy for a character that would typically be absolutely repellant.

Gives me hope for that Pedophile Superhero epic I've been working on...!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home