Monday, November 16, 2009

Where Do We Go...?

My manager was in town and took me to dinner Saturday night. For all the exciting, encouraging news he related to me, I walked away feeling bummed out.

I'm on the cusp of big things. Perennially, I'm on the cusp of big things. Still, it's hard to enjoy when you're broke with no clear view toward a paycheck. A friend suggested I should just live as if money weren't such an obstacle... and I do, at times... but it ain't too fun.

Been steadily excavating The Tomb. It's a small blessing to have one roommate away in Asia till sometime in December and the other roommate only here about half the week. Sunday night, I got rid of a shitload of stuff that they'd left piled up in the apartment for forever. We're talking stacks of newspapers from years ago. Busted old computer monitors and stereo systems, ghosts of roommates past. Like an episode of HOARDERS. Been feverishly clearing things out just so I might have some space for my stuff.

I really hope that the next place I can afford to move into will have enough square footage to accommodate everything I own without necessitating a dramatic purge. Though I'll definitely be working on lightening the burdens before then.

The Tomb is in bad need of an extreme makeover, just to make it a place I can comfortably live and work in. Wee hours of Monday mourning, I can see it starting to come together. And yet, it seems there are miles to go before I'll be home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home