Monday, November 09, 2009

They're Coming to Get Me

4 days. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.

Friday, 9am, the movers descend and the party's over. Goodbye, Upper West Side.

I've got a lot of little things to do yet.

I'm not really a pack-rat but living in these tiny NYC spaces makes you feel like a pack-rat. Does having books make you a pack-rat? I'm down to two bookcases that I'm bringing to this new tomb and I know that it's still too much.

I've created a diagram to illustrate the size progression of my NYC living spaces over the past five years:

Yes, I'm really going in the wrong direction. Each move has required a dramatic downsizing. This one even more than the last. And I still don't think I have the space I need, but we're going to have to make do, yah feel meh?

The Tomb awaits me. (Perhaps "Hell's Tomb", as a nod to its proximity to Hell's Kitchen. But simply "The Tomb" seems somehow most fitting.)

I just need to get through this week... (... and this month... and this year...) ... but I'm already dreaming of the place that will be worthy enough to call the Fortress of Solitude 3.0... THAT will be a grand, haunted palace...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home