Thursday, November 05, 2009

Goosebumps

Gotta admit, Robert Lawrence Stine is a far better writer than some of the other authors I've been forced to read as of late. I'm not far into this book, but the guy's craft is tight.

I'm not the fastest reader on earth but it takes me even longer to get through these "assignment" reads because I take a lot of notes as I'm going through one of these books, to try to save myself some time afterwards. I had no experience adapting before I broke into The Business, but adapting has basically become the entirety of my pitiable life as of late.

Treatments. Treatment after treatment after (pardon my french) motherfucking treatment. That's another thing I had zero experience doing before, and now it occupies every square inch of my productivity.

This section breaks down the ADAPTATION OVERVIEW...

This section breaks down CHARACTERS...

This section breaks down SCARES...

This section breaks down STRUCTURE...


Are your eyes appropriately glazing over? Keep in mind, all of this work is served up GRATIS. Work done with zero immediate compensation. Imagine a prostitute offering free blowjobs to prove her worth before you actually pony up hard cash. Ah yes, nothing better than a good screenwriter/prostitute metaphor, is there...?

Mmmm... sabroso...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home