Friday, November 13, 2009

Home for the Wooden Hearted

Once you've moved into a new place, there is nothing quite like the sensation of getting your computer hooked up and getting back online to make you feel like a real, complete human being again...

Indeed, it's a small wonder I've managed to set it up this quickly.

Welcome, dear readers, to The Tomb.

How does The Tomb differ from the Fortress of Solitude 2.0?

A lot less space.

2 roommates. (Though, to be fair, one's away in Asia till sometime in December and the other is only here about half the week for various reasons.)

The sounds of traffic and Emergency Response vehicles are fairly constant.

Sketchy Korean landlord. No super.

Also, I'm now the co-caretaker of a cat named "Gotham". Of all the things I was bracing myself for with this move, it's only just now struck me that I'm essentially a pet-owner again. For the first time in many years.

Did I mention I have a lot less space? I've got my work cut out for me in taming the chaos that I've contributed to in moving here. For all I've ridded myself of leading up to this move, I've still got way too much to fit. I'm going to make this work, though. I don't really have a choice.

Saturday mourn, cable guy is supposed to arrive to install a cable box for my tv.

I'm on less than 4 hours of sleep. Haven't eaten. Feeling downright rotten.

But my computer works. It's these little things that keep us human.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home