Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Way Down in the Hole

THE WIRE is so good. After putting it off for too long, I finally raced through the first season. The writing is amazing. David Simon comes from HOMICIDE and he brings a lot of HOMICIDE vets into the fold here. The show may not be as sexy as THE SOPRANOS, but it is far superior.

Michael K. Williams is so great in it. I've seen him cameo in other things (ALIAS, TRAPPED IN THE CLOSET), and I've always thought, "That's that guy from that show I don't watch." I had no idea that his character in THE WIRE is gay. It's a fascinating character. And it's really interesting to read what the reaction has been in the African-American community.

It might take me a while to get through the other seasons, so relax on the spoilers, people-who've-seen-it. (You know who you fucking are!)

I know it may be daunting to try to get into a new series. And THE WIRE can be pretty dense. Here's something to whet your appetite:

Good Cop, Baby Cop

And now a word from our sponsors...

"Hi, I'm a Mac and I'm a fucking mess!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home