Sunday, June 24, 2007

Roaches in the Mail

I'll spare you a photo here.

Since I've been living in the Fortress of Solitude 2.0, I've only spotted a cockroach once, over a year ago. I dealt with it and have been clear of them since. (At least I haven't seen the fuckbags.)

I went out of town yesterday, got back this evening, opened up the mailbox to retrieve Saturday's mail... and found a BIG FAT ROACH crawling over my new issue of AMERICAN THEATER.

Now, here's the question. I know of the common ways you can inadvertently bring roaches home: Hiding in paper bags and cardboard boxes. But do they hide in mail, too? Makes sense. Big bag of mail, lot of places to hide. Don't know how often those bags are washed.

Guess I'm wondering if the thing actually came in the mail, or if its kin are a problem hiding in the mailboxes downstairs. In any case, it creeps me way the fuck out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home