Thursday, June 21, 2007

Always Bet on Malice

WE FUCKING WIN!


I'm learning shit as I go. The usual way these things work is: a writer will develop a script with a producer, and when it's ready the producer will bring the project to a studio in the hopes of selling it. A project will only get a chance at a "greenlight" once a production team is in place.

Well, I developed my script directly with the studio, which made it slightly unorthodox—but I was paired with a cool executive who enjoyed being involved in the creative process.

Of course, it reached a certain stage where we needed to get a producer attached to it.

Looks like we've got one now.

Platinum Dunes is Michael Bay's genre production company. They're responsible for all those high-end, glossy horror remakes, and it seems they're shifting gears to produce some original work. And, apparently, they really like my script for THE BUTCHERHOUSE CHRONICLES.

Suffice it to say, this is good. It adds a lot of weight to the project. It's a big step forward. They're enthusiastic about the material and I'll be flying out West in a few weeks, to meet with them and get some notes. Plus, my Paramount exec's giving my script to a few select agents, to get me sorted out in that department.

After I turned in my last draft, I experienced radio silence for the better of two and a half weeks. I was getting a little nervous, like maybe I'd fucked it up or it just wasn't as good as I thought it was. This is a huge vindication. I put a lot of hard work into that screenplay, and I think it stands on its own now, separate from the original stage play. (Which I also wrote! SUCK ON THAT!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home