Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Shit-Ass Pet-Fuckers

Watched the documentary "Maxed Out", from the Netflix library of films. Nothing inordinately revelatory. Credit card debt is bad. The debt industry is an evil empire. You should pay off your debt and not make more of it. (Easy, right?)

There are extreme cases. People who can't pay debts get bullied. Lives are ruined. People commit suicide.

But there are many levels of debt and many ways to amass it. It's not just spending sprees. Life throws you curve balls...

Nearly a decade ago, I was sharing an apartment in the West Village with my sister. Fresh out of college. My sister finds the man of her dreams and moves out, leaving me high and dry. I start paying the full rent myself, but the landlord decides to stockpile my checks instead of cashing them each month. And then my dog gets cancer. I'm STILL paying for that year...

[Unfortunately, getting ahead in the entertainment industry requires an element of "going for broke".]

Americans for Fairness in Lending is a watchdog group looking to establish fair credit policies and practices. Support them... and let's shop responsibly, America!

(YO JOE!!!)

Clips from Louis C.K.'s standup are used throughout "Maxed Out". He does a lot of great bits about being broke. Here's a bit they DIDN'T use... (though I bet they wanted to!)

PETFUCKERS INCORPORATED!

Fuck Dane Cook *and* David Chase. Fuck em in the ear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home