Tuesday, June 05, 2007

F(o)CUS

In a way, it's probably best I'm HERE instead of THERE. It might be best that I have a little distance from the cacophony, at this stage at least.

No big news to parcel out. More people reading the script means more notes. They're giving me a week to clear my head of it before we dive into the next round of notes, which they'll be giving me either Friday or next Monday.

Of course, I need all this spare time to crack my little pet-theater projects.

The upside is, I should be getting paid again soon. Always a relief.

The downside is, the future's no clearer. Not today, anyway.

No time to get bummed. Keeping it all in perspective. It's a complicated business—this is part of the process. It's part of working within the system. I know I'm good enough to be in the game. I can do whatever I need to do to that script. I've gotten it this far, I'll get it the rest of the way. Lesser people have gotten lesser scripts through to production. I can make it through, under a lesser god.

Just have to keep my focus.
###
I get to visit the F.B.I. in the morning. A free 3-hour interactive workshop to find out how the F.B.I. can assist me in writing my fanciful screen stories.

I've really got no excuse to go, except that it seems like such a strange opportunity and it'd be a shame to piss it away. (Even though it means I've got to wake up early.) Maybe it'll give me an idea for a play or screenplay.
###
I can't believe these commercials ever actually made it to the air.



... and how did they get George C. Scott to conduct the interviews?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home