Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Jack Bauer Sucks

'24' BOSS ADMITS SERIES HAS SUCKED THIS SEASON

What a terrific headline. And now that the season's mercifully run its course, I'm glad the producers admit it was an utter mess...
Executive producer Howard Gordon: "But it's reinvigorated our determination to reinvent the show. This year could be seen to be the last iteration of it in its current state."

He declined to say what the changes would be.

My prediction? Two words: Jami Gertz.

Not to be outdone, the finale of HEROES was an exercise in anticlimax. I read the inexplicable praise for that show and I wonder, Why am I trying so hard? My take on HEROES: brilliant premise, cringe-worthy writing and very poor character development. I'll leave it at that.

But I've got to keep my eye on everything. I can't dismiss popular entertainments... gotta keep my finger on the pulse, track what the hoople-heads are being fed...

The good news, TV-fans? THE SHIELD still rules them all. Gardocki PWNS.

###

Goddamn, Exposition is one hellacious Bitch Queen.

I've been pulling my hair out trying to fix this one MASSIVE scene of exposition in my script. It's threatening my page count target (under 110 pages), and it's just a lot of information to negotiate in a dramatic manner. Seven motherfucking characters in a room. Explaining it all, like Clarissa.

At least one of them never speaks...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home