Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Teenage Anthem

On a hot & humid day, the East Village to the Upper West Side is a shitty, masochistic walk. A lot of trouble to go through to save a swipe of a MetroCard, brothers and sisters... but what would I be without an appetite for pain?

Meeting with Par went off really well this morn. Some fine-tuning laid out for me to hammer, but nothing insurmountable. The pacing of beats. Some trims. Some additions. I was surprised at how much of it the executive liked.

Some sequences I thought he was going to rip into, he loved.

Some bits I thought he'd eat up, he spit out—but such is the process.

He read the script on his flight to NY on Monday: got excited enough about it to start talking it up to his boss... that's the next stage.

Anyway, it's a great relief the script is nearly there. I'll be rewriting this script a lot, but this first time through is the biggest hurdle. But I've got to make A LOT OF PEOPLE like this script before it gets made.

I hate trying to be both optimistic and pragmatic with my expectations. I'll just say I'm cautiously positive here.

In Writers Guild news, I just got an invitation from the F.B.I.!

An "informative and interactive discussion with FBI special agents and public affairs staff about the FBI..."

A free workshop they've set up in conjunction with the WGAE... to assist in the accurate portrayal of the FBI in Film & TV?

Could be fun... unless it's a trap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home