Monday, May 07, 2007

Don't Fear the Reaper


Alas, Misanthropy Central's favorite topic is Misanthropy Central...

This weekend, a friend reminded me how BLEAK this website used to be. How it's all sunshine and flowers now, compared to how it used to be. So, I decided to take a little stroll through the archives. Seems October-November 2005 was not one of my cheerier periods...

Most of these entries are like tissues -- use once and destroy. Some entries I put real thought into, but there are many I just publish for the sake of publishing something. (Like the entry you're reading.)

I guess in October 2005, I was directing a small play I didn't care about, I was in the last stages of marriage counseling, and I was looking for a new place to live...

It was a black time, who could fault the entries for being black?

Some of these entries would still be valid today, to be honest.

I love reading this old shit, remembering where I was at back then. I find the most morbid entries to be FUCKING HILARIOUS now! Coz I've lived through it and I've got distance. And, of course, I've got the power of the Holy Spirit in me now, hallelujah...!

Not that I'm peaches and fuckin cream now. Far from it. But the world certainly holds more promise now than it did throughout most of 2005.

Sunday night, NBC aired a doc about Saturday Night Live in the '90s. I thought it might be all fluffer nutter, but it was actually pretty interesting. Interspersed interviews with surviving cast members, discussing real issues like the controversial firing of Norm MacDonald.

It struck me that the 1990s were my high school through college years. That period of time before you get completely jaded about the world... when you're still sorta idealistic and can give two shits about stuff...

Anyway, the man wants more cowbell, I'd say your best bet is to give him more cowbell...

(I never realized that was a such a popular sketch.)

Zombies. Wanna see some zombies?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home