Thursday, May 10, 2007

I BEAT YOU!!!


I BEAT Y--


Apologies for the dearth of words, fright fiends. I finally finished the second draft of my horror script today.

It was a dramatic revision and I had to wrestle with it a bit longer than I'd hoped or planned.

But I feel good about it. (Not having read it yet.)

I printed out a copy and it used up PRECISELY the amount of paper that was left in my printer. Which I will consider a good omen. I was afraid this draft would run long, but it's actually 2 pages shorter than my first draft. I'd like to shave a bit more off of it before I turn it in, but I'm glad the length isn't out of control.

I really should try cranking out a script that isn't horror/fantasy. I've gravitated toward those genres because you can just make shit up -- and I despise research -- but certain stories require you to do MORE research. Hey, even half-assed "internet research" is a pain in the ass. I'm fed up with looking at Victorian architecture... look, I get it already!

So anyway, here's hoping that I don't have to do TOO MANY repairs on this draft before sending it westward. And, of course, the ultimate hope that it's good enough, smart enough, and scary enough to get made...

ABSO-LUTELY.

Oh, and kids: Drink yer friggin Ovaltine, kay?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home