Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What's So Wrong with The Tomb?

Hello, Constant Readers. I realise (sic) that I've been incrementally revising my appraisal of THE TOMB, but it is a complicated affair.

LOCATION.

About one block from The Tomb, you can find a methadone clinic *and* a parole office. Two blocks from The Tomb? A Dean & Deluca. It is a wild and woolly location, far more mercurial than the relatively tranquil Fortress of Solitude 2.0 on the Upper West Side.

CRITTERS.

For all the bellyaching I've done over the general messiness of The Tomb prior to my arrival, I should say that (knock on wood) I haven't found much evidence of pest issues in the apartment as I've gone through the process of cleaning it up.

At least, I hadn't... until Monday afternoon...

You see there is an adorable cat named "Gotham" who's come under my charge here and I've done my best to improve conditions for her. She's been here for years and is largely responsible for the pest-control, so the stories go. For her troubles, her owner has various scratching posts and cat-climbing paraphernalia set up. The floor littered with cute little cat toys, like feathery balls and stuffed mice...

... well, it turns out that not all of them were "toys"...

Use your imagination for the rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home