Thursday, November 19, 2009

All I Want is a Tomb Somewhere

One of the... challenges with my new living situation is that my bedroom was partially furnished. The previous roomie fixed up the room nicely with some carpentry and furniture and left it all in here. Which has meant I haven't been able to fit most of my own furniture in my bedroom. I've adapted most of the stuff here for my needs. I'm gradually adjusting to the new setup. But living here kind of feels like living in a hotel room. There is a black recliner chair in my bedroom that serves as the perfect place to sit while watching television; amidst all the negatives and compromises attached to living here, this feels like a peculiar luxury.

It is NOT quiet in The Tomb. The traffic noises keep up into the night. There is an oasis of hours during the dead of the night when it quiets somewhat, but it does not last very long. And the trade-off to living within walking distance of some good bars is that you're hearing the drunkards shouting at each other into the wee hours, sometimes.

Attended my first free screening Wednesday evening. It was a screening of FUNNY PEOPLE, one of the many movies I missed this year, trying to save money. It was a bit all over the place, but I enjoyed it for what was there. Bit of a shame that it probably marks the end of the Apatow streak. With a little more script work, and/or a little more work in the editing room, it could have come together a lot better. But I've become a lot more forgiving of other people's work since I've been let into the film industry. I respect anyone who can make a living in this godforsaken industry.

Trying to focus on a brand new original spec script now. I've got so many fucking FRAGMENTS of ideas, recorded in notebooks and Word files. I'm trying to compile the ideas into a document to share with my reps so they can decide which one I should focus on. This is what I've been doing. There are things I can't share with you right now, Dear Blog, but I am doing this in antici-PATION of some bigger heat to come....

I am trying to get my groove back. The past several months and weeks, I've faltered. Now, it's time to get stronger again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home