Friday, November 20, 2009

Down on the Farmville

This article details how companies are pulling in cash through scam-filled games on social networking sites. Games such as Farmville and Mafia Wars and countless others.

Similar to my rationale for joining Twitter, I decided I needed to investigate the phenomenon first-hand to get a better sense of this new trend of "appointment gaming".

What's the appeal?

It's a dollhouse sim. Amassing enough money to afford decorations to create some farm you think's pretty.

For the unemployed (*cough*), there is the added illusion of making "money" via some simple, repetitive, carpal-tunnel-syndrome-inducing mouse-clicks. What a remarkably empty sense of accomplishment, when you "master" a certain crop.

Along those lines, my renewed commitment to health involves incorporating a regular intake of bananas and carrots.

Carrots keep a lot better than bananas. I am terrible at buying produce because it generally spoils so easily. But I am trying to get stronger. The stress of the past few months has taken a certain toll and I am determined to rise above this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home