Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Nicotene, Caffeine, Sugar Fix

Erm... can someone tell me what the fuck happened on the Upper West Side yesterday afternoon?

Okay, okay—the above pic is actually from the set of the new Hulk movie, but there were cops swarming all over the Upper West Side yesterday, redirecting traffic, creating a scene on Broadway, around the 70s-80s. At least one ambulance parked in waiting. It looked like a big deal but there was no clear focus for the heat.

(0)(0)(0)

Small chat with the agents Tuesday aft. They both really like the spec script I sent them, "A Sweeter World" (formerly known as "Sugar Fix"). The studios are sweating at the mo coz the WGA's threatening to strike sooner rather than later, so work is scarce the next few weeks, but this script could open up some more doors. And, of course, I'm working on more horror for the kids. Waiting to hear back on some stuff. Bought six reams of paper because I go through it so quickly.

If you ever want to get me a cheap gift, get me a ream of paper. If I have a birthday thing this year, maybe I'll just ask people give me paper. That's how cheap I am.

Here's an interesting article on Craig Gillespie, who directed both the critically panned "Mr. Woodcock" and the critically praised "Lars and the Real Girl". There are so many ways a movie can go wrong throughout the process. That's why it pays to be humble.

We'll try to stay blind...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home