Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Caveman

Anybody watch "Cavemen", the ABC sitcom based on the GEICO commercials that featured cavemen as frustrated minority yuppies? Not so good...

Well, I just revisited an old movie from 1981 that I watched a million times as a kid, called CAVEMAN. It starred Ringo Starr and Shelly Long. How they managed to get those two in a movie, Christ only knows.

I think I really liked this movie as a kid. Watching it again, I'm not even sure why it was made. I guess it's sort of a parody of the (inexplicable) cavemen genre that existed once upon a midnight dreary. It plays like a live action cartoon. Filled with stop-motion dinosaurs and wall-to-wall sight-gags.

The great Evan Kim plays the one Asian caveman—and he's the one caveman who doesn't speak in grunts, but in perfect American English. In 1981, no less! Evan was way ahead of his time, man.

The Beatles got themselves into some weird-ass movies...

By the by, the NYFA deadline is today, folks! Everyone remember to get your applications in?!

Me neither. Every few years, someone reminds me about it about a day before it's due. I am fucking awful at making application deadlines.

R.I.P. DEADWOOD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home