Friday, September 21, 2007

Fright Night

Apparently, "they" are looking to remake (reimagine) one of my most beloved 80s horror movies, Fright Night.

Now, the obvious thing to do would be to tell my new agents that I want my name thrown in with the list of writers being considered for this project. But just because I loved the original movie doesn't mean I'd love working with the people who are remaking it.

And to be honest, I'm still a little scared about taking on a really high-profile project. "Butcherhouse" has been great so far because nobody's been talking about it. No scrutiny because all the development's been under the radar. "Fright Night" is a movie that certain people have fond memories of: I'd have a big target on my head.

But hey, if they're gonna remake it... it's not like it's Citizen Kane...

Well, we'll see... I've got a lot of original material I'd like to write out, too...

xXx

Hey, do you like stories? Here's a good one.

I'd like to tell a story at THE MOTH. But performing gives me too much anxiety.

xxXxx

Have you heard about The Jena 6? I saw Mos Def at a rally on the news. I was at the gym and it was on CNN. The subtitles weren't on so I didn't know what the story was, but the chyron said "Jena 6", and I looked it up when I got home. It's pretty fucked up.

x xxXxx x

Is everyone watching KID NATION? It's like "Lord of the Flies" meets "Deadwood". I throw the word "love" around rather cavalierly on this blog, I know, but I do love this show. For so many awful reasons I won't subject you to...

"You're so cool, Brewster!" cackled the Gay Horse.

Peter Vincent... VAMPIRE KILLER!!! Shuffled 5:
1. "Cool as Kim Deal", Dandy Warhols
2. "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?", Shirelles
3. "Back Off Bitch", Guns N' Roses
4. "I Am The Album Cover", Fucking Champs
5. "Peter Frampton Must Die!", I Hate You When You're Pregnant
Evil Ed Bonus:
"Leather", Tori Amos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home