Monday, August 06, 2007

In the Ghetto

Caught up on my NetFlix this anticlimactic weekend. Been tearing through The Corner, to get me my THE-WIRE-fix, since I haven't got to see the 4th season yet. (Clearing throat.)

I knew what a "loosie" was before seeing "The Corner". Go into a (ghetto) deli and, instead of buying a whole pack of smokes, you buy a loosie. A single cigarette for like a quarter.

Buying a whole pack would be less expensive, when you do the math. But the people who are buying loosies don't necessarily have all that money all at once. So even though they're technically spending more, it's a more affordable way for them to maintain that habit. A few quarters at a time.

Renting an apartment is like buying loosies on a bigger scale. I know I'm throwing away tons of cash. But I just can't afford to buy a whole place right now. Not on my own and probably not for a while.

And occasionally you think about how much you pay in rent and it just makes you want to murder your Russian super for not fixing your motherfucking doorknob all motherfucking weekend, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home