Friday, July 27, 2007

Prime Time of Your Life

DRAMATIZATION:
The names and personalities have been altered for Malice's amusement.

Lawyer chomps a cigar as he reads an industry news rag. His eyes widen. Buzzes his assistant.

LAWYER:
Aye, Frannie!

ASSISTANT:
Yeah, Murray?

LAWYER:
That kid we took on, as a favor to Joey Paramount. Little oriental dirtbag with the drawrings up and down 'iz friggin arms...

ASSISTANT:
I know tha one, Murray, what about him?

LAWYER:
Paper sez he's actually paying out! TALK OF THE TOWN! Now I've seen everything... Get that silly shitbird in here!

ASSISTANT:
Right away, Murray!
+ + + + + + +
Had a meeting with my lawyer Thursday. Says I'm the talk of Hollywood. A draft of my script leaked and all these agents and managers are onto me. There's a threat of a Writers Guild strike next year and Hollywood's focusing on the projects that are likely to get made pre-strike... and it's looking like my BUTCHERHOUSE would be one of the pre-strike productions.

My lawyer had dinner with the Paramount exec earlier in the week. They discussed me, and my lawyer suggested it would be a good idea to get me repped up before the strike, so I can get another job lined up. Paramount exec suggested that I could just keep writing for THEM, 'cause he's got other projects he'd like to get me involved with.

KA-POW!

My lawyer's been great and I've met with him just a handful of times this past year. But at his office Thursday afternoon, he was clearly impressed with my progress. He regarded me differently. He saw me as a client who could really deliver. It's been less than a year.

One day... one day, some of the kids from the neighborhood carried my mother's groceries all the way home. You know why? It was outta RESPECT.

It felt... good.
+ + + + + + +


I think I'm officially in the best position a young writer could hope for in Hollywood. And I don't have time to celebrate it coz I've gotta get my latest revision done.

This is the shit you dream about for years. Now that it's here, none of it seems quite real. All I can think about is keeping this going. The dream gets replaced with more ambitious dreams. My life feels strangely empty... and yet, I think I'm happy.

"Sellout..." muttered the bitter Gay Horse.

Entourage Shuffled 5:
1. "X&Y", Coldplay
2. "Natural Blues", Moby
3. "Scartissue", RHCP
4. "Come With Us", Chemical Bros.
5. "Cold Turkey", John Lennon
Revenge Bonus:
"The Apologist", R.E.M.

TGIF Laugh Corner:
Kelly Clarkson turns hardcore. (George C. Scott mashes his face in revulsion.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home