Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Vegetative

I used to think people just snapped out of comas, like Rip Van Winkle, and could simply resume their lives after a quick stop at the barber.

The HBO Documentary Film "Coma" offers a more practical version of the process of emerging from a coma. Following several patients on their respective journeys, with varying degrees of successful recovery. The general idea being, if you're coming out of a coma, chances are you aren't coming back 100%.

It's hard to watch. I tried to imagine what I would do. If I were the one recovering, or if I were looking after someone who was recovering. Either way completely blows.

If you're looking for something to get you totally bummed out, WATCH THIS.

From now on, I'm gonna walk around wearing a helmet and a coat made of bubble-wrap. Haven't I caused my poor mother enough heartache to last a lifetime?

[I DVR'ed Joel Schumacher's D.C. Cab off Universal HD recently. I swear to Christ, Mr. T rivaled Superman back in the 80s.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home