Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Let Forever Be

LOS ANGELES:
Pros
Gorgeous weather, all the time.
Can afford a larger place.
Ability to take meetings easier.
The beautiful people, the beautiful people.
It's not New York.
Proximity to Vegas.
Disneyland.
Cons
Need a car.
Need to drive that car.
Don't know many people.
More people warning me against it than championing it. (So far.)
Disney's California Adventure.

NEW YORK:
Pros
Friends.
Don't need a car.
Better street cred.
Cons
Enemies.
Weather.
Rent. (Both the musical and the high price of apartments.)
Memories.
I hate this city.
I hate this city.
I hate this city.
x x x X x x x

I hope this blog doesn't have to change. I hope it can stay what it's always been. A self-indulgent, semi-experimental writing exercise/journal. I appreciate the people who are starting to look me up and are interested in my work. It's just a little disorienting. I don't know how people are getting hold of my play. It's like a poorly kept secret.

Lord knows I already edit myself far too severely here. This has been a safe, misanthropic haven for so long. I'd hate to see that corrupted.

Anyway, who gives a shit about the lives of writers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home