Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Development Heaven

Another draft, another pile of feedback...

In a weird way, it reminds me of my old day job. You could be working on a pitchbook for weeks and months. Some of those projects, you would dread having to edit because they were complex and customized. And you would make all the edits and the damn thing would just come back to you with more edits.

So in that odd way, all those years at that day job prepared me for the sheer grind of this script development process. It's more personal because I'm responsible for all the content here. But at least I'm not dealing with excel graphs.

Then again, excel graphs are easier because they're either right or they're wrong. Some of the notes I need to deal with are a lot more vague...

I kind of feel like I'm throwing darts with a blind-fold on. And I've got people yelling directions at me, trying to get me to hit a bullseye.

I've got a big conference call this afternoon, to go over all the notes they sent me. A barrage of barking voices. And me sitting on my bed, cell phone to my ear, scribbling notes down in my little notebook. This is the glamorous life I fought so hard for. Stupid kid...
A little consumer warning, for those of you who consume. Read about cramming. Check your cell phone bill.

PeoplePC is a scam.

(This didn't affect me, but it affected a friend, and I've had shit like this before.)

Expect me to be a bit scarce over the next two weeks. I've got a concert thing Thursday night, but other than that I'm in firedrill mode for the next two weeks. With the goal of turning in my next draft on the 17th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home