Monday, August 27, 2007

August Mourning

Last week of August. Did everybody have a good summer? Did you get to do everything you wanted to do?

Growing up, this time of year used to fill me with dread. The threat of school loomed large. Every year up through 12th grade was a fucking horror... summer was ending, freedom was ending, and it was time to head back into gen-pop...

During the college years, it shifted into something more positive. Fall semester was exciting. I had my friends queued up and there was always the dimly thrilling promise of meeting new (female) people...

Now... I don't know what this time of year is. Technically, this is just another week leading up to a holiday weekend.

This should be a quiet week. But anything can happen these days. I was just going to kick back a little, but I've been thinking about using some of this quiet time to start work on a new play. Though, I should really work on revisions of two older screenplays. The new play would make me happier, but revising the screenplays would be smarter.

I can't even let myself have a sleepy, non-writing week...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home