Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

All right, so I got my precious phone call Tuesday night...

Things are cool. If you don't know and I haven't mentioned it here, there's the threat of Writers Guild, Actors Guild and Directors Guild strikes coming up. Hollywood production slates are being divided between the potential pre-strike and post-strike movies. So the big question is whether or not MY SCRIPT gets to be a pre-strike movie—which is what we're gunning for.

Things are looking good but we won't really know for about two more weeks... which means I can relax a little.

And though it caused me some concern, it seems that Paramount's big HD-DVD announcement should not affect our project at all. Of course, I only know however much they tell me, but it's still an immense relief.

Had a good lunch meeting with an ICM agent. My script is now officially sent off to all the major agencies. (Before this, it was only leaked.) Things are progressing nicely. If I seem less than ebullient, it's coz I'm stressed out of my fucking gourd coz I don't know what's going on half the time.

What I want is for "The Butcherhouse Chronicles" to get made and to remain the sole writer for it. All I want is for that to be my first credit and to build upon that.

My career's the only fucking thing I've got going for me right now. It's the one thing I want to get right. Before I sort out the other aspects of my life.

Everybody hear that Axl Rose contributes some vocals to Sebastian Bach's new album?

I like this comment that was left on the article:

Jeff | 8/21/2007, 9:29 pm EST

Hey Axl, you’re almost 46 now. Put out your fuckin’ record already!

I’ve been waiting for Chinese Democracy since 1994. I got a new kitten that year and she’s been dead for two years now. Do you get my point??

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home