Friday, August 17, 2007

L.A. Ink

Pardon me for turning this blog into a lad-magazine, but Kat Von D is the hottest goddamn thing on the fucking planet, as far as I'm concerned. Insane bod, incredible tats and that deep, husky smoker's voice. She's the embodiment of Awesome. She's an adolescent fantasy come to life.

[When I first started seeing the posters and commercials for the show, I actually thought it was Marilyn Manson's ex-wife.]

I didn't really watch a lot of Miami Ink, but I find L.A. Ink positively mesmerizing. From what I saw of her on the Miami show, I thought she was kind of a bitch because she seemed really stingy about what she would and would not tattoo. But the new show is all hers and they do a good job of setting her up as a likable protagonist. Rock & roll girl coming back home to L.A. to start up her own tattoo shop... with an (almost) all-female roster of tattoo artists.

Paradise city...
("Kat eating hairless pussy.")

Maybe I can write a script that features a hot female tattoo artist... which would give me an excuse to hang out at her shop and ask her questions and shit. While I scribble down her answers in my little fucking notebook, like some starry-eyed schoolgirl getting an interview for her junior high newspaper.

I do think I should get my next tattoo in L.A. somewhere. Not necessarily the very next time I fly out there, but at some point...
xXxXx
Speaking of ink in L.A., I'm sending them 110 pages of it today...

It's been a slightly mad scramble this week, trying to get it done—but I'm more surprised that I've gotten it done ahead of the severe deadlines. Got notes Tuesday, turned in a preliminary draft Thursday, got notes through Thursday night... and I think I've managed to address them all now. 1:10am.

Spoke with one of the execs Thursday night. She took the time to give me a little pep talk, explained what was gonna happen. She said now's the time to let my producers (Platinum Dunes) go to work. They'll meet with the Paramount boss, convey their enthusiasm for the project. I'll have a big studio head reading my script this weekend...

Next week, she says, will be a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure. But I'll hear SOMETHING from them on Monday.

Then she said something funny. She said, "You're talented and you know it." She's not the first person who's ever said this to me, but it always strikes me as a strange compliment. It seems to imply that I'm cocky. I don't think I come off as cocky. On this blog, SURE, but I think I try to be extremely humble in my dealings with people—almost to a fault. Then why do people say that to me?

"Maybe coz you're one cocky motherfucker!" huffed the Gay Horse.

"Don't ack like you don't like it," crooned Malice.

Kat Von D Shuffled 5:
1. "My Father, My Heart", Kemuli String Band
2. "Don't You (Forget About Me)", Billy Idol
3. "Bowtie", Outkast
4. "Oh Comely", Neutral Milk Hotel
5. "Falls to Climb", R.E.M.
Malice-Needs-to-Get-Out-More Bonus:
"Good Love Never Dies", Liz Phair

TGIF Laugh Corner:

(ALSO: Uwe Boll is a genius in his own mind!)

Postscript: I don't want to name names, but *somebody's* fancily-labeled homemade THE WIRE SEASON 4, DISC 1 DVD doesn't work...! Three DVD-ROM drives and one PS3 agree.

(*cough*Ben*cough*)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home