Sunday, August 19, 2007

Depravity

I guess this is going to be a Kat Von D week, eh?

So... last night, I tried out speed-dating. I figured I wrote a speed-dating scene into my last play, it's only fair that I should try it at least once.

Oh my fucking Christ, was it excruciating. One of the most awkward hours I've ever bought. Maybe as bad as I could have imagined.

Toward the end, it got slightly easier. With this one girl, I dispensed with the whole "What do you do?" routine and asked her if she'd done this speed-dating thing before. Apparently, she had, several times.

"Do you see the same people over and over again? " I asked, as if conducting research. "Isn't it awkward if you get the same guy and you've got to spend another 4 minutes with him?"

"It's not too bad," she said, contemplatively. "We're all adults here. If there was no chemistry, there was no chemistry. It turns into a sort of community..."

"Why do you keep going?"

"The way I figure, it's like a lottery. You've got to be in it to win it. Maybe that one time you go, you're going to meet that person... who's just there that one time."

A rational philosophy. But I think I may have to retire myself from that scene. At least until desperation gets the better of me again. And you KNOW I was using my Hollywood shit as if it were a life raft! It's the entirety of my game. I've just got to figure out how to parlay that into some motherfucking better times...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home