Thursday, August 23, 2007

A Night Without Dreaming

Unfathomable anxiety and then... total release.

I'm not going to worry about my fucking career for AT LEAST the rest of this week.

I can't describe what a relief that is. Just a bit over a year ago, I was at my old day job and I got the call from Paramount saying they wanted to option my play. And I haven't really stopped stressing about it since then...

Honestly, I think part of what was fucking me up was some of the theater stuff I was juggling. Every time I had a break from the screenwriting, I had to deal with some slice of (musical) theater hell and I never got a break.

Well, I shook that loose. If I'm gonna be writing full time, I'm gonna write stuff that means something to me. And I'm gonna take the time to decompress from the insane writing weeks like last week.

Oh man, I've got to give a wedding toast this weekend... whose BRILLIANT idea was that?!

"Let's have someone who calls himself 'Malice Highload' deliver a toast at our wedding, sweetie!"

28 YEARS LATER:
The Groom: "In hindsight... I have no idea what we were thinking..."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home