Friday, August 24, 2007

Toastmaster

Sooo... I get to do public speaking tomorrow... at a wedding. Two things I adore! LUCKY.

I've got experience performing, and public speaking. And weddings are generally pretty easy audiences. But I still get all anxious and shit. I've sketched out the entirety of my speech in my head, but I've got to write it down coz I'm totally going to blank. And I want to make it as easy as possible for myself.

I don't mean to bitch and moan about it. I just don't want to fuck it up and I won't really be able to relax until they finish booing me off the stage, Amateur-Night-at-the-Apollo style.

I cannot wait till my part's done. Maybe when I've written it all down, it'll seem less daunting... by the time I get up to the mic, I want to be on autopilot...

I did get my doorknob fixed yesterday, so that's a good sign.

"To Emma and Nick," toasted the Gay Horse. "The fuck is so hard about that?!"

NickEmma Shuffled 5:
1. "The Dope Show", Marilyn Manson
2. "For Today I Am A Boy", Antony and the Johnsons
3. "Knockin' On Heaven's Door", Guns N' Roses
4. "You're Crazy", Guns N' Roses
5. "Everybody's Got Something To Hide But Me And My Monkey", Beatles
Toaster Bonus:
"Touched by the Sun", Carly Simon

GIRL TALK LIVE:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home