Friday, April 20, 2007

This is the Beginning of the End

Finally migrated the blogs over to The New Blogger system, after several false starts over the past year...

I ended up finding a bunch of comments on some of my other blogs that never got published because they needed to be approved by me. Done.

Christ, it's hard to be reminded of some of the shit I've written over the past year...

That old, semi-abandoned recipe blog of mine is a curious casualty of the migration, as it seems to have just... disappeared. (A nation mourns.)

I'm edging up on finishing the latest draft of my screenplay. I've been wrestling with this draft, but I think I've finally got a handle on it. It's a good feeling. Like a fever breaking. And suddenly, you can see clearly.

It's physical. I can feel it. This deep sense that I've broken through some wall.

A year ago, I'd go to work and google my own name, google my play's name -- every day, I could do that. Even going into it, through July, into the Autumn, I'd periodically check to see if I was on the virtual radar.

I'm so done with that. Sure it's pathetic, but it's also self-destructive. (For me.) If it's positive, it weirds me out coz it's coming from a stranger. And if it's negative, it just eats at me. You second-guess yourself to death.

The only thing that matters is the work. Press releases, what the other people are doing -- it's a waste of time.

I do get anxious, not being in the immediate game. I can't plug things that are largely speculative. I'm not interested in putting work out for the sake of putting work out, but I worry about "momentum". Building it, losing it.

My old dean would remind me, "It's a marathon, not a sprint."

Either way, though, you've gotta keep moving...

I'm ending my little picture series tomorrow. Light a candle.

For now, though, it's Friday, 9-5ers! I'll be burning the midnight oil this weekend, but you kids can just go buckwild, can'tchaz?

Vista Sucks, But TGIF Shuffled 5:
1. "Lost My Mind", Matthew Sweet
2. "track 02", Brian Jonestown Massacre
3. "Bang Bang", Dr. Dre
4. "Pierre", Carole King
5. "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For", U2
Set of Steak Knives Bonus
"ETERNITY", Imperial Teen

That was an awkward lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home