Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Why 24 Sucks


I'm so thankful other bloggers are out there, making arguments I don't have to make. Like why 24 sucks.

I think I blogged about this before. At least dropped a link to the Surnow New Yorker piece. These are all valid points for what's wrong with the show as a whole.

Thing is, I *liked* the show before the current season. The current season is just a complete mess, on so many levels. And a shit season like this just serves to highlight the overarching flaws of the series.

Long-form narratives on TV tend to run into problems when they try to keep surprising you. You do it too much, you pull the same scam too often, the audience loses faith.

In any case, no spoilers here. (Unless you didn't know that the current season of "24" was supposed to suck.) I've always had problems with the show, but this year it's just meaningless to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home