Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Columbine 2: Virginia Tech Massacre


Seung-Hui Cho says, "You caused me to do this."

For those keeping track, 12 kids and a teacher were killed in The Columbine High School Massacre, before Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold killed themselves.

Cho killed a whopping 32 people -- before killing himself -- in the Virginia Tech massacre on April 16th. That's a new hi-score! And, need I point out, Cho was playing a solo game whereas Harris and Klebold were playing a 2-player team cooperative game. Big difference in difficulty.

I don't mean to be so glib. I mean, I do, for comic effect, but I'm not really this jaded. I mean, I am, I'm nearly incapable of human emotions, but what I mean to say is that I do feel bad about the lost lives. It's all just a bit numbing, though, isn't it? You hear the same stories over and over again, with these spree-kills. The writing is always on the walls. Columbine was shocking, but then it seemed to inspire all these other school shootings, and then things got weird.

Well, we finally got an Asian kid (well, Korean) on the frontline of this one, so I guess it's no surprise he was an overachiever. Somewhere in Hell, you just know he's doling out titty-twisters to Eric and Dylan, insisting,

"I beat Columbine!!!"

What I find most interesting about this kid was that he wrote some plays. I hesitate to call him a playwright coz I don't know if he took them to heart or if he was just doing homework.

Two of his plays, online:

Richard McBeef

Mr. Brownstone

Now I get up around whenever...
I used ta get up on time...
But that old man,
he's a real motherfucker,
gonna kick him on down the line...!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home