Saturday, January 13, 2007

You Won't Like Me When I'm Misanthropic


From Universal Florida. A park I enjoyed so much more than I expected I would. It has got some brilliant attractions. The Spider-Man ride is one of the coolest things ever, and an experience that cannot be adequately conveyed through YOU TUBE. The Mummy ride is so much more fun than the movies that inspired it, it's almost as if the movies were just trailers for this ride. Shrek 4-D is also so much more fun than the movies that precede it. There are a lot of remarkable surprises at this place.

The Hulk ride is pretty high up there. It was the ride I was most dreading, because I'd seen a documentary about the creation of it and it looked psychotic. I ended up riding it three times, though. Had a bit of a headache afterwards, but the fun factor was off the charts.

Two videos...

This video gives the best visceral account of what it's like to ride this coaster. The sound is key here. Most of these rides are very loud affairs which contributes to the dread. Hold onto your potatoes:


This video is an absolutely gorgeous depiction of the ride. The sound is a bit too low and the smoothness of this video fails to show the level of turbulence you're liable to experience... but it's pretty as peaches:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home