Friday, January 12, 2007

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea


Another Disney World ride lost in Yesterdayland. Wikipedia tells us this attraction operated from 1971-1994. A fond memory from my childhood: dark, creepy. The narration in this video takes me back. Apparently, Tokyo Disneyland has a theme park that features the 20K-LUTS branding, though I wonder if it's the same.

Oh, here's a glimpse into my memory:



I don't want to lose sight of the reason I'm devoting the week to these rides. I kinda think it's fascinating -- people paying good money to go on rides they just assume are safe. Lining up to get strapped into some machine that's going to throw them along some track. They're all the safest things in the world (supposedly), but most of them play with this idea/illusion of "the ride's gone wrong".

Uh... ladies and gentlemen, this wasn't supposed to happen...

It's a fun little trick that gets used in some of the most family-friendly rides, and the audience gleefully plays along. It's very theatrical. There's something about it that I want to co-opt somehow...

Anyway, for those looking for an alternative to rides, here's a bit of comedy that Nicko made me hip to. It helps to read the descriptive paragraph attached to the video, to hype it up a little and give you a context for why you're bothering to watch this. It's funny!

And also...

Cock rings... cock rings... COCK RINGS!!!

(I like the expression on Bob's face that's like, "I'm sorry, those are all the cock rings I've got right now...")

Come back tomorrow, I'll be featuring a non-Disney ride...

ANY COCK'LL DO!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home