Saturday, January 06, 2007

Enemies of The State


How is it that most of my friends don't share my sense of humor?

Technically, I don't know anyone else (directly) who is a fan of the short-lived Comedy Central series known as "Stella". Featuring three of the original members of MTV's The State: David Wain, Michael Showalter and Michael Ian Black.

I don't care that I'm alone in this. I recently downloaded the entire series off iTunes (my sis gave me a gift certificate), and I adore it.

Here's a great interview with Stella, from Onion AV. Funny and informative. I never really watched The State, but I remember it being an exceptionally large comedy group. It's interesting seeing how it evolved and splintered into different camps over time...

I didn't realize that DW, MS and MIB did live shows as Stella before the tv gig. Plus, they shot all these short videos before the tv show came about... notably racier than the tv show. (I smell a YOU TUBE segue...!)

Humor me here -- it's really more of an archive for me.

STELLA SHORTS

"Bored"
This little gem features Sam Rockwell. Even if you hate the comedy, Stella is always good for some celebrity-buddy cameos.

"David's Cousin"
This one's for all the motherfucking misogynists out there. Come on now, you know who you fucking are. This is for you, buddy.

"One Shot"
Fuck you, Hitchcock. You're dead.

"College Reunion!!!"

"Audition"
It's like theater.

"Cat Video"
Excuses to get close to pretty girls.

"Raking Leaves"
This one features Will Tippin. Happy Holidays!

"Yoga"
Callie Thorne from Homicide! Hey, more Will Tippin, too!

Nobody likes Stella
From Tom Green's internet-show. Living on the fringes of celebrity.

THE STATE
A few clips from MTV's The State. A bit rough around the edges, but there's potential here.

"Muppet Hunter"

"Slash Trap"

"Sleep with The State"

+++ BONUS VIDS ***

Cake Like
A music video for Kerri Kenney's alt-band "Cake Like", directed by David Wain.

Stanley Kubrick's "Day of the Fight"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home