Friday, January 05, 2007

January in New York


It's going to be near 70 degrees tomorrow. In New York City. First week of January. 2007.

Erm... what the fuck?

Somebody left a portal to hell open...

---

I found this sheet slipped under my door today. Whenever there's information to be disseminated here, someone types up a letter and slips photocopies under everyone's doors.

I'm not clear WHO writes/types these up. Initially, I thought it was my landlord -- but I never see him around here.

The next suspect is my Russian super, who's the guy who actually distributes the copies. But his english is piss-poor. And he kind of seems to hate the world. Perhaps his wife?

Anyway, here's the letter, "sic" throughout:

WEST 95th STREET


On Tuesday, January 02, 2007, a Robbery took place at [[my street address]]. The victim notice that the perpetrators were sitting on the steps of neighbors Brown Stone/ Town House. As the victim past the perpetrators, she was in fact follow by them to the above location (home). This is when the victim was pushed into the hallway of the building and Robbed at Gun Point .

In an effort to keeping the neighborhood safe the following suggestions should be adhere to.

- Call 911 if strangers are loitering (steps, block, etc).
- Do not buzz just anyone into buildings without knowing who they are.
- Do not let messengers, delivery- persons follow you into your building (for their convenience).
- BE SURE ALL ENTRANCE DOORS ARE CLOSED/ LOCKED.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home