Wednesday, January 03, 2007

It's Oh So Quiet


My three-month sabbatical from my day-job is over, and I informed my old manager that I warn't comin back.

Snip. Snip. Snip. Snip.

Did you hear that? Sounded like a safety-net being clipped.

Door's open for me to go back and temp if/when I need it. I certainly left on good enough terms. Never saw anyone leave on better terms.

But I couldn't go back. Not right now. I gotta keep my head in the game. I'll turn 31 next week. I'm in my thirties trying to build a new life out of nothing. Out of the debris of a fucking wreck...

Yeah, I'm scarce. Absence makes the heart grow apathetic, doesn't it? I've got about four more weeks to polish up a script that could be the difference between me having a serious future as a screenwriter or me going back to temping at my old office job. So January will be charged with discipline.

I'm severely behind on all emails. I've had to make some sacrifices.

That said, I'm sure I'll see everyone soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home