Sunday, January 07, 2007

Space Mountain


Turning 31 tomorrow. In honor of nothing, I'm doing a week of entries on Disney World. I was thinking of using cell phone pix I took from my trip last month, but I've found a better solution...

Other people's video footage off YOU TUBE!

Achtung!

Some people may have their own romantic notions about a proper Disney World experience, and some of these videos may act as *spoilers* or dispel certain illusions about the rides. Obviously, nothing replaces being there and physically experiencing the rides... and I fully respect anyone's desire to keep their memories sacred.

That said --

SPACE MOUNTAIN with the LIGHTS ON!!!

I must say, I've got quite a fondness for Space Mountain. Though it's one of the few rides @ Disney that offers very little in the way of any discernible narrative. Still, what fragments of narrative do exist are creepier due to their lack of personality. Nameless astronauts without faces. A "mission" with poorly defined parameters. Closer to Kubrick's 2001 than anything properly Disney...

What *is* the space mountain......?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home