Monday, January 15, 2007

Stay with me!


I get it, all right? Nobody vibed with the week of amusement park ride videos! I HEAR YOU. I was gonna do one more entry about the creepy, hate-crime-influenced design of the darkride portion of Splash Mountain at Disney World, but that's probably obvious to everyone so why belabor the point?

I try to offer you people something different and what do I get? An army of apathy...

A'right, Mister Man. You win. Back to the comforting mix of manic depression + self-pity.

I didn't have any birthday cake on my birthday last week. That was sort of the plan: no party, no cake. Well... I know it's childish, but I ended up kind of missing it. Blowing out candles, at least.

So. Today. Bought myself a cupcake. Didn't have birthday candles, didn't feel like spending 25 cents on them, so I took two big candles I've had for forever: cut them down to about ten small candles, arranged them on a disposable plate. (Above.)

Lit them up.

Beside my cupcake.

Made a wish... and blew em out.

Alone in my studio apartment.

Fucking depressing as all get out. At least that plus-size woman at Disney World went out for her birthday cupcake. I wonder if she was a fake. Like some hardbody talk show host in a fat suit, with hidden cameras. Maybe she was about to get married to some nice man and just wanted to do a little something quiet for herself. Maybe... her life was/is a whole lot better than mine. Regardless, that bitch is gonna haunt me till the day I die.

Everything may look tranquil on the surface... but there is something dying beneath it all.

I probably oughta write my stories out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home