Thursday, November 02, 2006

All Souls Day


Happy All Souls' Day, motherfuckers. If you're not a saint, this day's for you. If you don't believe in fairy tales like "God", this day is known as "November 2".

As fed up as I am with "Lost", it's found this level of bullshit in its third season. "Heroes", on the other hand, has just begun its first season and its bullshit scale is beyond measurement. And yet, I watch. Because I hate myself.

"Lost" is a lot more frustrating than it needs to be. There are times when I'm reminded of how incredible it can be, but more frequently it's cheap and grating. Withholding information may ratchet up suspense, but in hindsight it doesn't make sense for many of these characters to withhold as much information as they do.

"Don't open that door."

"Why not?"

"Just, you know, don't."

"Tell me why I shouldn't open the door."

"Because... I don't think you should."

"I'm opening the door."

"No, don't--!"

[Opens door. A swarm of bees fly out, stinging everyone in sight.]

"Why... didn't you just tell me there was a swarm of bees behind that door...?"

"I guess I thought it would be funnier if I were more oblique."

In other news, I have been in a black mood. It's appropriate for the pressure I'm feeling, starting this new writing project. All this build-up for writing something and now I'm finally writing it and I'm second-guessing myself to death. But it's always black in the beginning. Though the writing's officially been "commenced", I found out that the "clock" hasn't officially started. I'm guessing it'll start in about a week or so. More time = more time to second-guess. Did I mention that I hate myself? Mmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home