Thursday, March 02, 2006

Picture

Tomorrow's the big day.

Not totally. My department is having its first annual AWARD CEREMONY, and it's a silly, misguided affair conceived to boost morale. Management's "heart" is in the right place, but what it doesn't get is that this is a day job for most people -- and thusly, most people (most sane people) don't WANT any recognition. They just want to collect their paychecks. So if you want to reward people and boost morale, you do it with money and not plaques. A lot of the staff don't even get health benefits.

But that's neither here nor there. I shot and edited all the video segments that'll be projected during the ceremony. Big Boss liked it so much, he's not even going to bother doing a PowerPoint presentation. I'm just pleased at having an audience for some of my work.

Not sure what the fallout will be. I only worked this hard because it involved filmmaking. If they expect me to put this much effort into creating maps and generating reports, they're in for a big surprise...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home