Monday, May 03, 2004

An Unquiet Mind


Made it through the weekend in my usual haze. Saw Larry Kramer's The Normal Heart at The Public on Saturday. Matinee show, $5! Written in the mid-80s, about the beginning of the AIDS epidemic, it's a pretty brilliant show. (Wear a raincoat if you're in the front row -- there's a Gallagher-esque part in the second act where a character starts splattering grocery items on the stage floor, culminating with a full carton of milk. It's a highly dramatic part but I had to keep from losing it. No wonder Gallagher's so popular.)

It's gray and rainy in the city that never sleeps. It's a good day to die.

Mother's Day is coming up, isn't it? Here's my reminder to myself to get something in the mail for me mum.

I cannot wait till it's the weekend again. I've been sleepwalking through a lull for too long. I need to start writing again. I need to start getting work out there. The world forgets that you exist too easily. I don't want to become successful posthumously.

1 Comments:

Blogger Raed Moustafa said...

Writing or typing?

4/06/2023 01:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home