Wednesday, April 28, 2004

children of a lesser god


does anybody remember Randa Haines? Her biggest movie was "Children of a Lesser God" but she also directed a movie I really liked called "The Doctor". (Of course, it's been a while since i've seen either of those and my appraisal may be different.) Her IMDB filography seems to have fallen off with a television movie. A shame...

A star falls, a new star rises...

My talented wife has just made some amazing vocational progress. I won't spill it here until it's all squared away, don't want to jinx anything, but it looks like a great opportunity. I'm so proud of her. She switched paths from poetry into playwriting just a few years ago and she's made so much headway in such a compressed period of time. She works tirelessly, juggling half a dozen scripts, forsaking sleep for writing into the wee hours, draft after draft, attending every rehearsal for every thesis project of hers that's being worked on. She will be a force to be reckoned with. She won't tell you that. I will.

Meanwhile, I'm dressed up like a car crash: my wheels are turning but I'm upside down...

I need to get my career on track. Keep pushing on that damn boulder. C. is always hounding me to submit things to festivals and grants and fellowships, but it's tough to keep your head up above the flood of rejection. I need to attack this problem in a smarter way. I think I'll file that "videogame play" away in my "pet project" folder for now. It's original but I wouldn't be able to put it up anywhere except maybe The Fringe Festival. I've got a slightly less crazy idea that I'm going to try to carve out... see how the world responds to it...

Heard the new Beastie Boys track on KROC this mourn. It sounds great. I can wait for that fucking album...

1 Comments:

Blogger Raed Moustafa said...

I really liked "The Doctor," too. (I have - actually - lived that "life.")

3/23/2023 04:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home