Friday, April 16, 2004

THE WINNER OF THE APPRENTICE IS



Well, not Kwame. I guess I was rooting for him but Bill really was the underdog. He didn't have the "pedigree" of Kwame, in terms of schooling. Kwame was an i-banker, Bill started up his own company. I guess you can't get around the race thing, and the argument that the dreaded "affirmative action" would also make Bill the underdog in this situation.

But all that aside, Omarosa totally fucked up Kwame's game. More than once. And it was so obvious he should have totally marginalized her and, in this situation (because he so clearly got the shittier team, what with the unbearable Heidi there too) he really should have taken the extra initiative and micro-managed more. Had his boy Troy pick up more slack -- even tho it seems Troy fucked up the breakfast thing, he was the only person who had his back on that team.



I liked how it turned into The Price is Right at the end, complete with the fake boardroom walls coming apart and revealing the live studio audience and a cheesy studio band. They even gave him the choice to be the "boss" of one of two different Trump companies: a new golf course in California or a new luxury hotel in Chicago. I think they should have taken the Price is Right theme all the way and given him a mystery "Door #3" alternative:


[insert sound: Wah wah wah WAAAAAAAAAAH...!]


The "live" portion of the show (which was the last half hour) really showed The Don's performance limitations. He seemed awkward reading from cue cards and engaged in even more awkward banter with a roundup of all the losers. I guess the annoying Tammy got knocked up since she was fired. Trump mentioned it and seemed to begin to chat with her but cut her off before she could actually say anything. DIS!!! (It wasn't enough that in the opening recap of all the firings, he summed her up, "... and Tammy drove everyone nuts!")

OK, i just spent wayyy too much time making that animated goat-farm gif...

I'm very interested to see how all the (losing) people exploit their 15 minutes of fame. It seems OMAROSA has managed to kickstart a career in the time-honored, distinctly American phenomenon of establishing a personality that everybody loves to hate. (She vaguely reminds me of someone I know, but I imagine she reminds EVERYBODY of someone they know...)

I know this blog doesn't get nearly the amount of traffickkk that BigLeagueMike2Cents gets over in his Xanga Xanadu, but I wanted to beat him to the punch with posting my afterthoughts on the finale. [Even though he's probably the only one who reads my blog regularly and watches that show so I might as well have just e-mailed this to him but I figured it'd somehow seem more productive if I posted my thoughts to the world, which is what blogs is for, i guess. is that a run-on?]

Anyway, Bill seems like a really together chelloveck and I think he was a sound choice. I love reality.

(PS: this post contained SPOILERS.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home